Monday, February 25, 2008

Heritage Makers Magic

My mom and I went on a cruise in January for Heritage Makers. I went as her guest. I have been taking a break from work for the last 3 years with Teague's cancer and then our move to Spokane and our new baby. On the cruise I decided I wanted to go back to the company that I love. This came as a surprise to me. A consultant on the cruise asked me, "Why don't you do this?" and I didn't know how to answer. I told him that maybe it was because of Teague, he still goes for check ups, maybe it was because of my new baby, but she is a year and a half now. His question got me thinking and I realized that not only do I love writing stories that celebrate my family heritage, but that I was a Heritage Maker. I am the one in my family who writes the stories behind the photos. Stories about my grandparents, my babies, our vacations, and even our everyday life. I was so impressed with the people on the cruise and I was amazed at how well our consultants are doing. I decided this is the time to get going again. I couldn't have picked a better time.

Since I have been home, just over a month, I have been having fun being a business woman again. I am learning so much and I love collaborating with other consultants! I love sharing the magic of story with friends and neighbors. This company rocks! I love it and I have found that I still manage to be a mom and do the laundry just fine. In fact, I find I am more efficient. I get the laundry done as I talk to a friend about Heritage Makers.

Here is my website: www.storybookingheritge.com

If you want to do a book, let me know, I would love to share this with you.

Candy, Feb 2008

3 comments:

Heather Gibb said...

Yeah love that you've updated your blog! Your family is darling and your mom gorgeous!!! The ice rink is great--love the "frozone" nickname!!! It's sad how fast your kids are growing up now that we don't live by each other!!!

Jennifer said...

You guys all look so great! Griffin isn't walking yet so I showed him Gabi's photo for motivation! Miss you so much. I see your snow and can hardly rememebr that there is supposed to be snow on the ground in February-the boys just left for school on their bikes in shorts and tees. Come visit soon...jendvu

AZ Hey-mon said...

I am so glad I found you.What fun it has been to look at your blog and see your darling family.