Sunday, October 11, 2009

Poop Happens and the Best day ever!

Funny photo of Teague discovering that maybe he doesn't want to "raise" the new baby "as his own"...





Teague helped clean the baby up by helping give him a bath... (love this shot)





See that little blemish on Teague's chest? It is where his "central line" was surgically placed when he had his 11 months of Chemo. This little mark is a constant reminder of the blessing it is to have our boy with us in great health. We are so grateful. Which leads me to this...

Saturday, Oct. 10th was a "perfect day" in Trent's book. He watched Teague have his first experience playing hockey. All parents feel pride seeing their children experience fun, new things, but there a little sweeter satisfaction when your child has been through all that Teague has been through.

Trent gave Teague advice before the first practice and said, 1. have fun... these are the best days of your life 2. Don't worry about how good other people are 3. and HUSTLE (If you are going for the puck, give it all you've got!)

That is good advice for us all, isn't it?




Meet the new "Gretsky" (no pressure Teague)...

He listened to his dad's advice and had fun, and hustled out there! He scored a goal during a 1-1 drill and I cheered like he was in the Stanley Cup playoffs! I have a little bit of my Grandma Gibb in me and I don't care if none of the other parents cheer during practice.

GO TEAGUE!!!

4 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

LOVE the pictures of Teague and Ryder! I love how hard Teague is laughing at the 'blowout"! LOL

Teague is such a stud! We would love to come to some of his games! :)

Heather Gibb said...

So cool to see Teague in all his hockey gear!! He's getting so grown up!
LOVE the bath pic!
Thanks for being such a wonderful person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randi said...

that photo is hilarious. so glad you thought to grab the camera!

Chelsea said...

Candy!
I finally caught up on your blog and the kids look so great!! I showed the girls on my floor the picture of Teague and Ryder in the tub and they all thought it was adorable.
I am doing so well at school. I just got my term papers back and even got an A on one (pretty much unheard of here).
My new e-mail is chelesa.barnett@mail.mcgill.ca Keep in touch and I'll keep checking the blog. Much love.