Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our little Pumpkin, inside a pumpkin


Me: (Great idea enters brain about taking a photo of Ryder in a pumpkin, I process idea and figure I have a couple minutes to make it happen so I could then have a lifetime to enjoy this photo) Go get that huge pumpkin outside!

Trent: Why (Yankees are on TV, no desire to move from couch, it's Halloween at 5pm, hungry)

Me: I want to take a photo of Ryder in it.

Perry (Trent's dad who always tells us what MIGHT happen): You can't do that he will freeze in there Candy!

Aaron (our friend): If "Vanilla" won't get it for you I will! (Calls Trent "Vanilla"--long story)

Aaron brings in large, 32 lbs. pumpkin & places on kitchen table

I move kitchen table closer to natural light

Candy: Sid, put the baby inside (he was wrapped in a yellow blanket so no pumpkin guts get on him and to keep him warm)

Sid, Trent's lovely mother, is always ready to go with my crazy ideas.

snap, snap, snap,
turn him this way,
snap, snap, snap

Edited out some background distractions in photoshop.

Note: The baby was not cold, he didn't even cry once. Memory captured and already Heritage Makers project of 4 12 x12 prints (celebrating my 4 little pumpkins over the years) have been ordered. (Thanks to Jan Tenney for taking the one of Gabi as a chicken).

Click here to see the project... I plan to frame them all and use a Halloween decor for the rest of my whole life. (note the images will print clear, this is just a representation on the image)

4 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

That is absolutely adorable!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I love it! Since Austen's first halloween 13 years ago this has been a tradition. We have pics of all of the kids inside of pumpkins. This year I was quite sad to not be able to do it.

small pumpkins+4year old= not happening.

glad to see your adorable one instead.

NACJMAC said...

So so so cute! I love it. Great job following through with your darling idea. I need to do more of that~!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

So precious!!!!