Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Content.

If I could pick one word to describe my current life I would choose, "contentment." I feel more relaxed and at peace than I have for some time. I have a fabulous best friend/husband who I love. All my children are here and healthy and I am crazy about them. I do what I love (stay at home and run a successful business with amazing, like-minded women). I like my home and area. I get to run 3-7 miles a day and I am finally shedding my baby weight. The weather is mild this winter! I have great friends & neighbors. I enjoy my mom and sister. I just had to record that I truly feel blessed and content.

The photos that follow show what a snapshot of life is like for us recently.


I am a more relaxed parent of #4. If he falls asleep on the floor (like he does daily) that is where his nap will be! PJ's are okay to wear all day, who is going to see him, or me for that matter!


Team Canada won the gold at the Olympics so these two had to rub it in at school by dressing in Team Canada gear. Grades 3 and 5 now!! T has started to really like and get good at hockey. He went from not being able to skate backwards to skating backwards faster than anyone on his squirt team!


Gabi... my little friend when the big kids are at school. She is my "sunshine" here is some things that make me laugh. Gabi tip: Save calories... just lick off the frosting of the cupcakes.


She is addicted to Disney movies and will fall asleep watching. When I question her, "Did you fall asleep upstairs?" She will say, "No, I was watching a movie." (thinking she really didn't sleep for 1.5 hours).


Naps make her not want to go to bed when the kids do at 8:30. She makes up 100 reasons to come downstairs... water, one more hug, work out with Daddy, hungry, to show how she can go down all the stairs without hanging on to the rail, one more kiss, etc.


This is Daddy's new ipod DON'T touch.


This is the very look that gets her 98% of whatever she wants. If this look doesn't work she will give me a wink or say, "You the best mommy in my whole life."

When asked if she is going to grow up and get married someday she responds, "No, I am going to stay with you guys for-e-ber." Trent says that is perfectly okay with him.


Speaking of best mommies... I often see my mom for work. Here we are in Bellevue in Feb. racing to Nordstoms between sessions. There is always time for Nordstoms. Work isn't work anyway. We write books that celebrate family stories for heaven's sake!!

Trent isn't pictured here, but he has loved the Olympics. We enjoyed curling (HARD!) and hockey most. He IS the best in MY whole life.

Angi came for a visit! It was fun and we did a lot of retail therapy. Nordstoms takes my dad's credit card number. We only use it when we are together so we can blame each other.

I am so happy for her. I think she is doing great as she is going through a hard time. Isn't she cute!!!??


This video is to remember his little-ness and it is going away too fast! Funniest thing lately is how he cries pathetically as possible to get his way. He is learning from Gabi. He just became a good sleeper and so that might explain my recent "contentment" (sleep can do that).

1 comment:

Heather Gibb said...

Awwww what a sweet post-- I miss you and your family so much. I'm so glad things are going so great for you!!! You deserve it! You are one of the sweetest most positive persons ever!!! I adore the first pic of your little guy. I'm so sad, I haven't been around to see your youngest 2--but they are as cute as ever.
I miss you guys. We need to figure out when we will see each other again!! I missed your St. Patricks day dinner!! Love, love, love the stew and mashed potatoes!!
XOXO