Sunday, July 18, 2010

The perfect game

Trent told me the other day that in baseball one of the greatest accomlishments is to pitch a "perfect game." If I understand it right that means that no one gets a hit off the pitcher. They are very rare. In the history of baseball only 20 "perfect games" have occurred.

What does this have to do with anything? Well, I was thinking how each day, as a mom, I wake up and try to have a "perfect game." Maybe today I won't burn the toast. Maybe today the puppy won't pee on the carpet. Maybe today we will get the kids to bed before 9:00. The perfect day would be a happy, bustling home where no one yells or whines or blames or cries. Those days with a team consisting of a 1, 3, 9 and 11 year old is as rare as the baseball statitic. But each day, just like the pitcher I try and even when the day is all BUT perfect I realize it is pretty wonderful too.

No comments: