Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Most Thankful Thing-- A letter to Ryleigh

Ryleigh Ruth you are my most thankful thing because I get to spend the days with you, watching you grow and be the most amazing little girl. I thought of all the times of day that I think of you and what makes me most happy:

6:45 in the morning. I get to see your smiling face when I get home from my jog. I am thankful you always have a hug for me when I see you.
7:00 you draw me a picture. You are a talented artist and I am thankful for all of your beautiful pictures.
7:15 you laugh at something totally silly that Barney does on TV. Your laugh is the best!
7:30 you practice your piano. I don't even have to ask you to practice, you just do it. Way to go!
8:00 you help me et Gabi up. We laugh at her stinky diaper together. Peeee-eeew. I am thankful that you are so kind to her though.
8:20 I get to do your hair. Sometimes you don't like me to, but sometimes you are happy and we have fun. I like those days best. Your cute little hair-dos make me thankful to have a sweet little daughter.
8:25 hair is done, oh my you look cute, now we spray a little parfume so you can remember Mommy all day. I love that!
8:30 you get ready to leave and we say our prayer and you give me the best hug and kiss goodbye. I know you will be safe because we always say a prayer before you leave. I am thankful for prayer.
RYLEIGH'S AT SCHOOL I WAIT UNTIL SHE COMES HOME
3:05 you scurry home from school. You always report having a great day. I am thankful that you work so hard at school and have many friends. Another hug for me! I am so lucky to be your mom.
3:15 we have snack time and you tell me about your day. I am thankful for all your fun stories.
3:30 out to play! I am thankful you have friends and have fun each day.
4:30 you write a little book and let me read it. What fun that is!
5:30 you help me with dinner. I am so thankful to have a little daughter so willing to help.
7:00 you read your book. What an amazing reader you are. I can't believe you can read chapter books!
8:00 You get all ready for bed and then Mom comes to tuck you in. I am thankful for wonderful day with Ryleigh Ruth May. I am so thankful to have you in my life. You make our family better. Your laugh, your talents, your love for each of us. I love you so much.

Mommy

1 comment:

The Maxfield Family said...

Hi, you don't know me but I just wanted to let you know that I found a copy of a book that you and your husband wrote to announce your daughters birth, while I was at the DI the other day. I thought you might like to have it back. I don't know how it got there or anything but I thought it was too cute not to try to return to you. My name is Shelaine and I live in Utah, I would be happy to mail it to you.
Thanks!