Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How many shoes does a woman need?



All of these shoes were purchased in one wild weekend with my mother & sister.

Two of the boxes belong to my sister and the rest are my mothers!

They left me with a memory of a very good time at Nordstroms. I keep the stack of empty shoe boxes a monument.

If you think this is excessive then you should meet my aunt Elaine.

This is nothing.

Let me know if you need some shoe boxes.... until then I will just look at them and smile.



You are wondering why I didn't buy any shoes?

I tried. I didn't go down without a fight.
The sales men tried, I don't think he wants to see me for a while.
ALL the shoes were either too big or too small or I had that color.

My aunt would scold me, "Candace, you can have more than one pair of yellow shoes!"
I've not graduated to that level yet.

I'll get there.

1 comment:

Nine said...

Candy! My Mum has left the same impression on you as she has on me - it's okay to have more than one:) Mum and Auntie Sharon taught us well - we wouldn't know how to accessorize without them. It was right up there with the lesson about telling the truth, and right up to this day, the sight of shoe boxes give me the warm fuzzies. Looks like you had fun!