Friday, February 13, 2009

Ryleigh Creates Valentine Book

Ryleigh just turned 8. She considers herself a “good writer.” When you ask her what she hopes to be when she grows up she answers, “A Heritage Maker like my mom.”

Last night she came to me with a project that she created.



It was a gift for me. As I read the pages and read all the reasons she loved me it brought tears to my eyes. To have your daughter think you are kind and good is the greatest gift a mother can have.

Then Ryleigh asked me if she could make it into a book like she and I did for Daddy at Christmas. I really didn’t have time to sit at the computer with her. I had sugar cookies that I had to make for the next day and dinner in the oven. So I looked through the template gallery and found one that would be perfect (thank goodness!) and I sat her at the computer and wished her well.

A little later that evening she announced she was done. I said, “The whole thing?”

Sure enough she had completed the whole book without one bit of help from me! Check it out at the bottom of this page or by clicking on the title above. Here is one of the sweet pages:


This was the best Valentine’s gift I ever received. I can’t see how anything could beat it. Not diamonds, or perfume, or even chocolate could beat this gift. Thank you Ryleigh. I will treasure this book forever. (I love you too).

2 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, that is awesome! The words the pictures she chose to go with her words. It is all beautiful.
How blesed you are!

Sid said...

I love the book! Ryleigh, you are getting so smart and you are so talented- I'm so proud of you!
Love Granny